More than a dozen stores are opening for the holiday season at The Empire Mall, offering unique merchandise and food.
Athletic apparel store lululemon athletica opened Nov. 1 as part of a 13-week seasonal shop. It’s next to Oakley, adjacent to the food court.
Lululemon opens Sioux Falls store – for a few months
Other seasonal stores that have opened include:
- Painted by Prairie, offering hand-painted Christmas ornaments, piggy banks and other gift items. Owned and managed by local artist and photographer Julie Prairie, this kiosk is at the center court between Rogers Jewelers and Helzberg Diamonds.
- Hickory Farms, selling holiday gift baskets, specialty food trays and more. It is located in the Macy’s wing near New York & Company.
- Go Calendars sells a variety of calendars for the upcoming year. Go Calendars has two locations in The Empire Mall, one near Zales and the food court, and another near New York & Company in the Macy’s wing.
- Go Games sells board games, cards and other stocking stuffers. It is located near Zales and the food court.
- Maria’s offers hats, scarves and other fashion accessories to top off holiday looks. This store is located near Teavana in the center court.
- Northern Lights sells framed artwork. It is located near the Sanford Children’s Play Area and Visionworks.
- Holy Land Olive Wood specializes in Christian handicrafts and is located in center court near Ashcroft & Oak Jewelers.
- Bamboo offers bamboo sheets, pillows and linens in the center court near Ashcroft & Oak Jewelers.
- Quality Gloves sells gloves, scarves and hats for men and women of all ages. It is located in the center court near Ashcroft & Oak Jewelers.
- See’s Candies offers chocolate gifts and candy treats for all occasions. It is located near Aeropostale and the food court.
In addition, the following seasonal stores are opening soon at The Empire Mall through the holiday season:
- The Cocoa Co. is a gourmet hot chocolate store featuring a variety of flavors from pumpkin spice to salted caramel. It will open Nov. 22 near Foot Locker.
- Baklava will open Nov. 20 near Bohme and the Sanford Children’s Play Area featuring the popular holiday dessert.
- Pro Image Sports will add a second location this holiday season to sell licensed sport clothing merchandise. The additional location will open in mid-November in the current Spirit Halloween space, adjacent to the Sanford Children’s Play Area.
The following opportunities to give back to the community also are coming soon to The Empire Mall:
- The Children’s Inn Gift Wrap Booth will be open at The Empire Mall from Dec. 1-24 near The Children’s Place in the Macy’s wing. A donation is suggested, with all proceeds going to the Children’s Inn. Children’s Inn provides free services for women, children and men who are victims of family violence, elder abuse, child abuse, neglect or sexual assault.
- The Salvation Army Angel Tree in the Macy’s wing will be decorated with paper angel tags. Shoppers can remove one or more tags from the tree, purchase gifts and then place the unwrapped gifts under the Angel Tree. Volunteers will be there to help shoppers and accept donations from Nov. 24-Dec. 23.