Almost every member of the Augustana University class of 2016 looking for work has found a job related to his or her major or chosen field, and almost six in 10 have stayed in Sioux Falls.
The new Outcomes Report by the Augustana Student Success Center finds 98 percent of recent graduates have found such jobs. Here are other key findings:
- Twenty percent of 2016 graduates are pursuing grad school or continuing education.
- Grads are working in 18 states and seven countries. Among those who secured employment and reported their geographical location, 60 percent are working in South Dakota and 58 percent are employed in Sioux Falls.
- Top industry choices for 2016 grads include health care, education, business and professional/scientific technical services.
- Mean salary was $43,471; the maximum salary reported by 2016 grads was $67,000.
- While at Augustana, 99 percent of grads participated in key engaged learning opportunities, such as experiential learning, internships, co-curricular activities, volunteerism, undergraduate research, clinicals, student teaching, study abroad and more.
Augustana job placement statistics from 2016
“These outcome results illustrate that Augustana University graduates are well equipped to succeed in today’s rapidly changing marketplace,” president Rob Oliver said. “From classroom instruction by top-notch faculty members to high-impact, engaged learning opportunities such as internships, student teaching and undergraduate research, our students are building unmatched experiences and forming critical professional connections well before they graduate. That knowledge and experience, combined with the connections they’ve made, paves the way for their career choices.”
Life after Augustana for 2016 grads
The Outcomes Report also found 2016 AU grads reported that they launched their careers and post-graduate study with confidence and enthusiasm:
- 93 percent of 2016 grads strongly agreed or agreed that they received a solid education from Augustana.
- 97 percent strongly agreed or agreed that they had at least one professor who made them excited about learning.
- 95 percent strongly agreed or agreed that there was a faculty or staff member at Augustana who cared about them as a person.
- 96 percent strongly agreed or agreed that they will learn or do something interesting at their job or in their program of study after graduation.
View the full report here.